The Immigration and Citizenship Service of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia is mandated to register and administer legal permits for foreign nationals living in Ethiopia according to Proclamation No. 354/2003 and Regulation No. 114/2004. As a result, to make legal processes the Immigration and Citizenship Service announces this registration.
Therefore, all foreigners with:
- Expired visas;
- Expired Residence permits; and
- Those without any visa or residence permit;
- As well as refugees or asylum seekers requesting status and residing in Addis Ababa and its vicinities with or without an urban refugee permit;
Should register in person between July 18 to August 01, 2022 in all days at work hours including Saturday and Sunday by bringing legal documents that testify your personality (Such as – passport, resident ID, Refugee ID, Proof of Registration, and/or any travel documents).
Place of Registration:
- Addis Ababa: Vital Events Registration Offices of all Woredas and Immigration and Citizenship Service, Piazza Office;
- Oromia Special Zone within the vicinity of Addis Ababa: Vital Events Registration Offices at Gelan, Dukem, Lege Tafo, Sululta, Burayu, Holeta, Sebeta, and Bishoftu town.
The Immigration and Citizenship Service would like to notify you that it will take legal measures against those who fail to register on the dates mentioned in this notice.
Remark: Those who hire and give shelter or rent a house to foreign Citizens should follow up their registry and make sure whether they take proof of registration.
Visitors Visa is valid for 90 days, beyond which one needs to apply for an extension or a work permit.
For further inquiries, please visit our website: www.invea.gov.et.
Immigration and Citizenship Service
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia