With effect from January 1, 2021, the Government of the Republic of Kenya has fully automated the issuance of the following types of Visas:
- Single Entry Visa
- Courtesy Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Transit Visa
- East African Tourist Visa
- 5yr Multiple Entry Visa
Visitors to the Republic of Kenya can now apply for their eVisa services in a simple, secure, and convenient way. It’s a 3 step process.
Sign up for an account
Take a few seconds to sign up.
Apply for VISA services
Fill the application then pay using credit card or mobile money.
Receive notifications every time your application has progressed and download your application in PDF.
To check your eligibility and apply, visit https://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html
- Nationals of Ethiopia do not require a VISA to visit Kenya.
- In person VISA Applications will be handled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 9am to 12.30pm.
- Processed Visas will be collected in the afternoon, from 2pm to 4pm.
- VISA Processing takes 48 hours.
- Effective 1st February 2016, children under 16 years are exempted from VISA regulations, and as a result do not require a VISA to enter Kenya.
- Any person entering Kenya must be in possession of a valid International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever.